Saturday, May 9, 2015

Vegas, conquered

Twelve hours ago I was playing pinball in Las Vegas.

I have returned from six nights in Sin City, and here are a few hightlights:

Sunday evening:
• An hour or so during the final night of the Riviera

Monday: 
• More than two hours at the Riviera as they closed the doors 
• A Mariachi el Bronx concert at Brooklyn Bowl
• A ride on the High Roller

Tuesday:
• Dinner at the Prime Rib Loft in the Orleans

Wednesday: 
• A cameo in Primm

Thursday: 
• Dinner at Marrakech 

Friday:
• Container Park
• A whole lot of Fremont Street

Saturday:
• Pinball Hall of Fame
• Traditional "last supper" at In-N-Out Burger

The trip included a couple of afternoons at the Orleans pool. It was supposed to include pool time every afternoon, but the weather didn't quite cooperate. 

I will elaborate on some, if not all, of the aforementioned highlights in the blogs to come. And I will also explain how I managed to hit all three of my $25 match plays and three $10 match plays, thanks to my good luck charm.

And if you've seen the Twitter feed, @vegasinsight, you've seen pics from the final hours of the Riv. Some day I'll find a way to share some of those via my blog, as well as through a separate website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment